The personal robotics team in Bosch Research and Technology Center in Palo Alto, CA is looking for excellent candidates to work in open source software development. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the Open Source Robotics Foundation to develop the next generation of ROS, spending part of his/her time at OSRF in Mountain View. The candidate will be fully integrated into the emerging robotics community in the Silicon Valley.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Research, develop and test code for ROS 2.0 framework. This includes making ROS suitable for production and real-time systems as well for multi-robot setup on an intermittent network. It also includes development of new behavior modeling mechanisms that will standardize the development process.
- In close cooperation with Bosch research in Germany work towards ROS 2.0 mechanisms for constructing systems with well-defined execution semantics and guaranteed real-time properties
- Collaborate with the robotics projects at Bosch and represent their needs for ROS at OSRF
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on working experience with ROS (2-3years), excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems as well embedded systems such as e.g. freeRTOS
- 3+ years of development and prototyping experience in large, high-quality software systems
- Strong research and problem solving skills; Excellent communication, teamwork and technical writing skills
- (Desired) – Experience with methods and mechanisms for real-time systems, experience working on robot systems, academic track record – proven by publications
Ph.D. or M.Sc. (with at least 3 years of industry experience)