The MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) is looking for exceptional software engineers who can help lead the software development effort in our new research initiative with Toyota. This initiative aims to develop new technologies for autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems.
The software engineer will work directly with Professors Daniela Rus, John Leonard, Russ Tedrake, and Sertac Karaman, and help coordinate a large team of engineers and researchers towards the implementation of cutting-edge algorithmic robotics research on full-size vehicles operating in challenging real-world environments.
- Excellent programming skills using C/C++
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture
- Experience with the Linux environment
- Good knowledge of algorithmic robotics
- Excellence in leadership and teamwork
BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, robotics, or a related field.
If you are interested please send an email to with the following:
- CV that summarizes your experience;
- a short statement (at most one page) that describes why you are interested in position, how your skills/experience fit, and what your long-term plans/objectives are;
- links to relevant publications that you have co-authored;
- links to relevant open-source code that you have implemented.